Now: What I’m currently doing and working on
A friend of mine gave me the idea to create this section of the website – an updated glimpse of what my current goals and challenges are. A snapshot of my life in this particular moment.
Piano School: Since November 2020 I have begun teaching a beginner course to students with a community component. My goal is to grow this school beyond Level A and B to Grade 1, 2 and 3. This is my main project and it’s a lot of fun.
The Criminal Kid
We’re in the album mastering phase, so we’re close to having a finished (digital!) copy in our hands.
I’m currently undecided on whether or not to change the band name. A music video might be in the works, but we’re on Covid’s timeline for that.
It’s my aim to release this album in the fall, and to work with a team to do so (instead of working alone as I tend to do).
I also at some point need a functional performing band!
I started filming videos on my personal channel Monday-Friday. It began in September as a 30-day challenge, and I like the opportunity to explore my interests in a public way. I intend to continue posting these videos through 2021. In early 2021 I made a podcast version available as well.
- Read 100 books this year (because I’m a crazy person – but I’m also doing a lot of studying)
- Journal most days; my yearly goal (since 2015) has been 50,000 words.
Theme for 2021
My theme for this year is embrace. I struggle a lot with resistance – resisting my circumstances, my feelings, my nature, things that happen to me, and so on. In some sense I’ve been resisting life. So I wanted to explore the opposite energy – embrace life instead of reject it. Which means opening to flow and accepting when things are beyond my control, which is very difficult for me to do. The aim is to live more fully, and be more present and in the moment.
Q2 Goals: Spring 2020
- Continue emailing my list every Wednesday to maintain engagement
- Implement new landing pages for my courses
- Create a new email opt-in: a quiz with helpful PDF downloads
- Begin offering private lessons with several contracted teachers by the end of June (ideally closer to the start of June)
- Adjudicate a local music festival online at the beginning of June
- Come up with a personal development product idea with friends
- Continue meeting with my business mastermind each week
- Re-launch the DYOPP tier 2 at the end of May
- Hit 100k subscribers and create a celebration livestream (it’s looking like this’ll happen in May!)
- Reach the halfway point on my 100k year-end income goal by the end of June
- Keep spending to a minimum so I can recoup lost income tax savings (I was scammed and lost everything I was saving for my annual tax payment), and file taxes for 2019
- Start a “personal development” savings account (for membership subscriptions, money for courses, etc.), with an automatic monthly deposit of $350 per month
- Write the piano/vocal versions of each song on my upcoming album – finish good versions by the end of June, and share works in progress with potential collaborators so they can write ideas
- Plan a 1-week summertime recording session with sound engineer and collaborators
- Discuss the idea of working with my friend as a manager
- Begin sharing a weekly songwriting video for PianoTV (start this in June)
- Post on this blog at least once per week
- Post on my personal video channel at least once per week
Social and Relationships
- Continue nurturing my romantic relationship on a daily basis
- Read and sing with my daughter each day (at least 30 minutes)
- Continue with my current abundant social flow (a mastermind, a writer’s group, a movie club, a big weekly group chat, and several one-on-ones each week, plus anything else that spontaneously pops up)
- Continue enjoying undistracted time with friends and loved ones, with the opportunity to engage for long periods of time – social connections are a high priority this year
- Finish reading 20 books by the end of June (10 books between May/June)
- Walk for at least 30 minutes each day
- Do at least 30 minutes of (challenging, sweat-inducing) yoga at least five days per week
- Journal most days; surpass my minimum yearly goal of journaling 50,000 words
I’ll continue to update this page as things change and I make progress. I’ll also provide relevant blog links when necessary. Thanks for stopping by. 🙂