Now: What I'm currently doing and working on
A friend of mine gave me the idea to create this section of the website – an updated glimpse of what my current goals and challenges are. A snapshot of my life in this particular moment.
Piano School: Since November 2020 I have begun teaching a beginner course to students with a community component. My goal is to grow this school beyond Level A and B to Grade 1, 2 and 3. This is my main project and it’s a lot of fun.
The Criminal Kid
We’re in the album mastering phase, so we’re close to having a finished (digital!) copy in our hands.
I’m currently undecided on whether or not to change the band name. A music video might be in the works, but we’re on Covid’s timeline for that.
It’s my aim to release this album in the fall, and to work with a team to do so (instead of working alone as I tend to do).
I also at some point need a functional performing band!
I started filming videos on my personal channel Monday-Friday. It began in September as a 30-day challenge, and I like the opportunity to explore my interests in a public way. I intend to continue posting these videos through 2021. In early 2021 I made a podcast version available as well.
- Read 100 books this year (because I’m a crazy person – but I’m also doing a lot of studying)
- Journal most days; my yearly goal (since 2015) has been 50,000 words.
Theme for 2021
Q2 Goals: Spring 2020
- Continue emailing my list every Wednesday to maintain engagement
- Implement new landing pages for my courses
- Create a new email opt-in: a quiz with helpful PDF downloads
- Begin offering private lessons with several contracted teachers by the end of June (ideally closer to the start of June)
- Adjudicate a local music festival online at the beginning of June
- Come up with a personal development product idea with friends
- Continue meeting with my business mastermind each week
- Re-launch the DYOPP tier 2 at the end of May
- Hit 100k subscribers and create a celebration livestream (it’s looking like this’ll happen in May!)
- Reach the halfway point on my 100k year-end income goal by the end of June
- Keep spending to a minimum so I can recoup lost income tax savings (I was scammed and lost everything I was saving for my annual tax payment), and file taxes for 2019
- Start a “personal development” savings account (for membership subscriptions, money for courses, etc.), with an automatic monthly deposit of $350 per month
- Write the piano/vocal versions of each song on my upcoming album – finish good versions by the end of June, and share works in progress with potential collaborators so they can write ideas
- Plan a 1-week summertime recording session with sound engineer and collaborators
- Discuss the idea of working with my friend as a manager
- Begin sharing a weekly songwriting video for PianoTV (start this in June)
- Post on this blog at least once per week
- Post on my personal video channel at least once per week
Social and Relationships
- Continue nurturing my romantic relationship on a daily basis
- Read and sing with my daughter each day (at least 30 minutes)
- Continue with my current abundant social flow (a mastermind, a writer’s group, a movie club, a big weekly group chat, and several one-on-ones each week, plus anything else that spontaneously pops up)
- Continue enjoying undistracted time with friends and loved ones, with the opportunity to engage for long periods of time – social connections are a high priority this year
- Finish reading 20 books by the end of June (10 books between May/June)
- Walk for at least 30 minutes each day
- Do at least 30 minutes of (challenging, sweat-inducing) yoga at least five days per week
- Journal most days; surpass my minimum yearly goal of journaling 50,000 words
I’ll continue to update this page as things change and I make progress. I’ll also provide relevant blog links when necessary. Thanks for stopping by. 🙂